SALA Spanish Venezuelan Database
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données SALA de l'espagnol vénézuélien
The SALA Spanish Venezuelan database contains the recordings of 1,000 Venezuelan speakers (504 males, 496 females) recorded over the Venezuelan fixed telephone network. This database is partitioned into 5 CD-ROMs The speech files are stored as sequences of 8-bit, 8kHz mu-law speech files and are not compressed, according to the specifications of SALA. Each prompt utterance is stored within a separate file and has an accompanying ASCII SAM label file.
This speech database was validated by SPEX (the Netherlands) to assess its compliance with the SALA format and content specifications.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
* 6 application words
* 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits
* 4 connected digits (1 sheet number -6 digits, 1 telephone number –9/11 digits, 1 credit card number –14/16 digits, 1 PIN code -6 digits)
* 3 dates (1 spontaneous date e.g. birthday, 1 word style prompted date, 1 relative and general date expression)
* 1 spotting phrase using an embedded application word
* 1 isolated digit
* 3 spelled words (1surname, 1 directory assistance city name, 1 real/artificial name for coverage)
* 1 currency money amount
* 1 natural number
* 5 directory assistance names (1 surname out of a set of 500, 1 city of birth/growing up, 1 most frequent city out of a set of 500, 1 most frequent company/agency out of a set of 500, 1 "forename surname" out of a set of 150 )
* 2 yes/no questions (1 predominantly "yes" question, 1 predominantly "no" question)
* 9 phonetically rich sentences
* 1 additional sentence
* 2 time phrases (1 spontaneous time of day, 1word style time phrase)
* 4 phonetically rich words
The following age distribution has been obtained: 7 speakers are under 16, 476 speakers are between 16 and 30, 330 speakers are between 31 and 45, 177 speakers are between 46 and 60, and 10 speakers are over 60.
View resource description in all available languages